Durham Bus Tracker for Parent/Guardians with students currently riding general education buses
1. Obtain your child’s “Other ID” in Skyward by either computer or smartphone. Find the tab, Student Info(rmation). On this page, find the Other ID which is a five-digit number.
From your desktop or computer:
From your Smartphone Device:
3. Create a secure Username and Password for the application.
4. Click on (+) and enter student name, Skyward ID (add 796 before the ID to identify Germantown Schools), Select Shelby Municipals and State. Click done and save.
For example, if your Skwyard Other ID is 00012, then you will enter 79600012 .
5. Start tracking your student’s bus by clicking on your student’s name.
6. Your student’s route number will show at the top of your phone. If you double click on the bus shown, it will show the GPS number actually running the route. The number may be different from the route number and allows Durham to substitute buses and still provide accurate information for your student.
Frequently asked questions:
If I have more than one child, can I view all of them?
Yes, you can view all your children’s buses simultaneously from one device as long as you have entered all children.
Is the data real-time? DBT displays the location of the bus as accurately as possible. Based on some technology limitations such as cellular service, a 15 second to 2 minute delay can occur.
Will DBT send notifications when a bus is running late?
No, those notifications will still be sent from the school.
Is DBT going to track my child(ren)?
No, the app only tracks the actual school bus not the children.
How much does it cost?
The service is free of charge.
Whom should I contact for technical support, questions, or comments concerning access to my Skyward account?
Please email email@example.com