Welcome to Germantown Municipal School District!
We are pleased to offer Online Enrollment for parents/guardians to enroll K-12 students new to our district (this is NOT for returning students). You will find this to be an easy process that you can complete at your convenience from home. All you need is an active email address.
If you need assistance determining which school your student is zoned to attend, please use the Zoning Map.
- If you have a current student that will be changing schools due to the normal grade progression promotion, your student will automatically move to the zoned school and be considered a returning student. All returning students will need to update information and complete forms for the 2019-2020 school year through Skyward Family Access during Returning Student Online Registration. If you need assistance with your login to Family Access, please contact your zoned school.
Students who have previously enrolled in another school system in Tennessee may enroll pending receipt of their academic and health records. Students transferring into the system from an out of state school or from a non-public school must provide a Tennessee Department of Health Immunization Certificate that includes a physical exam.
Please be prepared to upload the following documents that will be required to register. Documents will need to be scanned with an app or an actual scanner (Need Help with Scanning?). Pictures of documents will not be accepted.
A. Proofs of Residence: Parents/Guardians must provide TWO of the following items showing the parent/guardian’s name and address to prove residency:
1. Most recent MLGW OR municipal water bill of the owner, renter or lessee of the home in which the student will reside during the current school year. Cut off notices will not be accepted;
2. Mortgage statement or deed of the owner of the home in which the student will reside during the current school year;
3. Official lease of the lessee of the home in which the student will reside during the current school year;
4. Official Rental Agreement of the renter of the home in which the student will reside during the current school year;
5. Real Estate tax receipt (Current year only);
6. Public assistance/government benefits check, card, or papers;
B. Tennessee Department of Health Immunization Certificate: Contact the Office of Coordinated School Health for additional information
C. Unofficial Transcript and/or report card from previous school(s)
D. Rising 9th grade students- 8th grade report card
E. Transfer letter/Shared Residency (if applicable)
DO NOT Upload in Skyward, but bring to the school during New Student appointment
F. Student’s Social Security Card
G. Certified copy of Birth Certificate
H. Custody papers and parenting plan (if applicable)
Tennessee Department of Health Immunizations Certificate:
Children enrolling in Kindergarten:
- Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (DTaP, or DT if appropriate)
- Poliomyelitis (IPV or OPV): final dose on or after the 4th birthday required
- Hepatitis B (HBV)
- Hepatitis A: total of 2 doses, spaced at least 6 months apart
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (2 doses of each, usually given together as MMR)
- Varicella (2 doses or history of disease)
All children entering 7th grade (including currently enrolled students):
- Verification of immunity to varicella: 2 doses or credible history of disease
- Tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis booster (“Tdap”): evidence of one Tdap dose given any time before 7th grade entry is required regardless of Td history (2013 update)
Children who are new enrollees in a TN school in grades other than Kindergarten:
• Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (DTaP, or DT if appropriate)
• Poliomyelitis (IPV or OPV): final dose on or after the 4th birthday required
• Hepatitis B (HBV)
• Measles, Mumps, Rubella (2 doses of each, normally given together as MMR)
• Varicella (2 doses or credible history of disease)
• New students entering grades other than 7th grade are not required to have Tdap
**For more on state-required immunization, please refer to the Immunization Requirements at the following website: http://www.gmsdschoolhealth.com/immunizations.html
Click on the appropriate link below:
Currently have a student enrolled in one of our schools and need to enroll a new student:
New to the district K-12 for the 2019-2020 school year:
Please DO NOT re-enroll current students for the 2019-2020 school year.