Hi! I'm Mr. Simons, one of the music teachers here at Dogwood Elementary School. I love teaching elementary students and watching them create music. Below are the standards and goals for achievement in music class this year:
1. Students will sing alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
2. Students will perform on instruments alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
3. Students will improvise melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Students will compose and arrange music within specified guidelines
5. Students will read and notate music.
6. Students will listen to, analyze, and describe music.
7. Students will evaluate music and musical performances.
8. Students will understand relationships between music, other arts, and disciplines outside of the arts.
9. Students will understand music in relation to history and culture.
In class, students will regularly sing, play the Orff instruments, and complete some type of movement.