February 23, 2020--Germantown, Tennessee--Germantown Municipal School District is looking for preschool students. The Peer Model Program provides an opportunity for typically developing children to be integrated into our Early Childhood classrooms to serve as positive role models for our students with disabilities.
GMSD preschool offers an extremely affordable tuition rate compared to local preschool programs. Tuition for a peer model is only $550 per semester. Most preschool programs charge much more than that per month. "We are very excited to be expanding our peer model program this year," said Preschool Supervisor Anne Quinn. The district currently operates six preschool classrooms and is looking to fill each classroom with between 8 and 10 peer model students.
To apply to be a positive peer model:
- Children must be a Germantown resident or a child of a GMSD employee
- Children must be 4 years of age (or 3 if a child of an employee), but not yet 5 by August 15, 2020.
- Children who are 5 by August 15, 2020 are eligible for kindergarten and are not appropriate for the early childhood preschool class.
- Children must speak clearly and be easily understood in order to model appropriate speech and language.
- Positive peers model appropriate peer interactions, demonstrate play skills, and appropriate language and behavior for children with disabilities while in the classroom setting.
- Children must attend both days of the screening.
Those interested are asked to complete one of these two applications by March 6th, 2020:
If you are looking for additional information, please visit the GMSD Preschool Website, here