Educator Emotional Support Video Series Now Available for All Tennessee Teachers
Free, Optional Resources Support Educator Mental Health in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
The Tennessee Department of Education released the Educator Emotional Support Video Series to provide free, optional resources to support the mental health of Tennessee educators, created in partnership with statewide partners.
In support of Teacher Appreciation Month and Mental Health Awareness Month this May, the video series provides guidance, resources, and interactive activities by two licensed clinical social workers focusing on the mental health of Tennessee educators in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Additionally, this video series builds off the Emotional Support Line for Pandemic Stress, launched in partnership with the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services and other statewide organizations, to provide free and confidential mental health support to all Tennesseans working in education, healthcare workers, and first responders.
The Educator Emotional Support Video Series consists of five videos, available on Best for All Central and the department’s YouTube channel, including:
1. Introduction to Stress Response: This video session introduces the series, recognizing educators experience significant pressure from many directions during a normal school year and this year has only added pressure.
2. Benefits of Meditation and Mindfulness: This video session?focuses on mindfulness, state of awareness, and how to shift attention to focus on support.
3. Grief and Loss: This video session begins with practicing a mindfulness skill from the previous video. Additionally, this video session shares the stages of grief and associated feelings.
4. Maintaining?and Managing Healthy Connections: This video session focuses on the importance of connection and relationships, including a grounding and connectedness exercise.
5. Self-Care: This videos session highlights self-care as a lifestyle and how to create and implement a self-care plan.