Germantown Municipal School District receives federal grants for Title I, Title II, Title III, Title IV, and C. Perkins (CTE).
Title I was passed in 1965 under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). It is the largest federal assistance program for our nation’s schools. Title I programs receive extra funding (Title I dollars) from the federal government. These dollars are used to:
- Identify students experiencing academic difficulties and provide assistance to help these students;
- Hire additional personnel
- Purchase supplemental programs, materials, and/or supplies; and
- Conduct parent and family engagement meetings, trainings, events, and/or activities
- GMSD runs Title I funded Targeted Assistance Programs for middle school math at Riverdale and Houston Middle School.