Germantown, Tennessee—November 1, 2020—Love to write and want to win prizes? Participate in the 2020 GMSD Writing Contest. The Germantown Municipal Council PTO and student intern Priyanka Phaniraj are hosting a virtual opportunity for students interested in exploring their creativity and experiences to create an original work on an open-ended topic: diversity.
What Does Diversity Mean to Me?
- Only one submission per student is accepted.
- All submissions must be written in English and submitted as a PDF.
- Open for all students in K-12th grade.
- Students may choose to write a fictional short story, a personal narrative, or a single or collection of three poems (varies between grade levels).
- Elementary and middle school students have an additional choice of creating a word poem (or collection of three-word poems).
- Word limits are provided, based on individual academic levels: elementary, middle, and high.
- Click the following document to view categories and options for each academic level: Diversity Writing Contest.pdf
- All submissions are due by January 15, 2021, at https://forms.gle/Q8FgPAxLj2jcxisGA
- A panel of judges for each academic level will choose three winners for each writing category based on unique style and voice, originality, effective organization, and inventiveness.
- Recognition/ Certificate
- Grade Level Winner
- Grade Level Honorable Mention
- Golden GMSD Pen
- Elementary Overall Winner
- Middle School Overall Winner
- High School Overall Winner
- Grand Prize $100
- Grand Prize Winner (1) from all categories