Student Registration » New Student Registration 2022-2023

New Student Registration 2022-2023

Welcome to Germantown Municipal School District!

We are pleased to offer Online Enrollment for parents/guardians to enroll K-12 students new to our district (this is NOT for returning students).

If your GMSD student withdrew or was not enrolled during the 2021-2022 school year, they will need to complete NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION. 

Please make sure to complete the registration process in Skyward and sign up for a time to meet at your child's school to complete registration. Sign up for the appointment will be in step 6 of Skyward online registration.

  • To help slow the spread of the coronavirus, we ask that you contact the school to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any symptoms. 
  • The registration meeting will be limited to one parent and the student.
  • If you are arriving more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you will be required to reschedule.

If you need assistance determining which school your student is zoned to attend, please use the Zoning Map.

If you have a current student that will be changing schools due to the normal grade progression promotion, your student will automatically move to the zoned school and be considered a returning student.  All returning students will need to update information and complete forms for the 2022-2023 school year through Skyward Family Access during Returning Student Online Registration, beginning on July 1. If you need assistance with your login to Family Access, please contact your zoned school.


New Student Enrollment 

Please be prepared to upload the following documents. Documents will need to be scanned with an app or an actual scanner (Need Help with Scanning?). Pictures of documents will not be accepted.

A. Proofs of Residence: Parents/Guardians must provide TWO of the following items showing the parent/guardian’s name and address to prove residency: 
1.     Most recent MLGW OR municipal water bill of the owner, renter or lessee of the home in which the student will reside during the current school year. Cut off notices will not be accepted;
2.     Mortgage statement or deed of the owner of the home in which the student will reside during the current school year;
3.     Official lease of the lessee of the home in which the student will reside during the current school year;
4.     Official Rental Agreement of the renter of the home in which the student will reside during the current school year;
5.     Real Estate tax receipt (Current year only);
6.     Public assistance/government benefits check, card, or papers;
B. Tennessee Department of Health Immunization Certificate: Contact the Office of Coordinated School Health for additional information
C. Unofficial Transcript and/or report card from previous school(s)
D. Rising 9th grade students- 8th grade report card
E. Transfer letter/Shared Residency (if applicable)
DO NOT Upload in Skyward, but bring to the school during New Student appointment
F. Certified copy of Birth Certificate or officially acceptable evidence of the date of birth
G. Custody papers and parenting plan (if applicable)
**For more on state-required immunization, please refer to the Immunization Requirements at the following website:


Frequently Asked Questions About New Student Registration

My student currently attends a GMSD school, if we move outside of Germantown, will he/she be able to remain at the GMSD school?

Parents/guardians who move at ANY time from the address provided when registering your student(s) must submit an Eligible Circumstance request for transfer.

Failure to do so, may result in the student(s) being removed from the current GMSD school to the school he/she is zoned to attend.

I am currently residing with a Germantown resident. How do I enroll my child in the GMSD schools?

Parents/guardians who live with another person must provide additional information for Shared Residency Verification. Contact the office of Student Services for more information at 752-7889.

Does buying a home in Germantown guarantee that my child will be eligible to attend a GMSD school?

Yes. Anyone living in the city of Germantown is guaranteed a spot in the GMSD school he/she is zoned to attend. (See Zone Locator)

Germantown Municipal Schools offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability and adheres to the provisions of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)